Check out this blog post by Peter Bell of Marketo on how marketers are split post-GDPR. Those targeting Businesses & Consumers are divergent in their approach – 55% have taken a marketing-first approach and 45% have taken a legal-first approach.
Key findings from Marketo research:
- 55% of businesses are marketing first, using GDPR compliance as an opportunity to improve customer engagement
- 72% of the businesses who exceed their organizational targets took a marketing-first approach to GDPR
- 83% of consumers think businesses will find a way to get around the legislation
- For 52% of marketing-first businesses, GDPR has had a positive impact on their forecasts and targets
- 72% of consumers are concerned about data privacy and will not share their data…but 62% of businesses think GDPR will improve the efficiency of their marketing plans
- 60% of consumers are somewhat or very likely to share their information if they think it’ll result in relevant, tailored offers