25 Nov Small Business Saturday
Date: NOVEMBER 25
Location: New York, NY
Small Business Saturday is a holiday retail tradition that happens every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Founded by American Express in 2010, this nationwide movement helps bring attention to the importance of supporting small businesses and their owners in communities across America.
Last year, over 6,700 Neighborhood Advocates supported the event, while Small Business owners generated an estimated $15.4 billion dollars.
Why Get Involved in New York City?
- In 2016, small businesses made up 99.8% of all business across New York State
- Over 50% of all employees last year worked for a Small Business
- Small businesses help ensure local economies stay strong and vibrant
- In 2016, 112 million people shopped Small Business Saturday
How to Support Small Business Saturday
- Rally Behind Small Business: Reach out to at least 10 eligible, local small businesses in your community.
- Champion the Cause: Step up for Small Business Saturday as an individual, group, or organization.
- Organize a Local Event: Throw at least one event on Small Business Saturday that brings the community and businesses together.
The American Express company is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. It is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.In an effort to support local companies that make American communities strong, American Express launched Small Business Saturday on the Saturday after Thanksgiving – helping to bring more holiday shopping to small businesses.
Link to site www.americanexpress.com